Tuesday, January 27, 2009

END THE STRIKE!!


As you may know, Rainey and I attend Carleton University located in Canada's capital, Ottawa. Yes the "Capital", and thus I raise my argument. Today is January 27th, 2009. The public transportation also know as the O C Transpo commenced the strike on December 10th, 2008. Now. Could someone please do the math and calculate how many days, WEEKS, that this stirke has been going on for? Thats 48 days, almost 7 weeks and rumor has it that this strike is going to continue for 14 more weeks. 14 MORE!? I honestly do not know how much more of this I can take. We don't live on residence, we live in a 3 bedroom house, which is really a shame because we can't stay there. Who can afford 40 dollars for a cab everyday round trip to school and back? And then food, this is honestly ridiculous and getting out of hand. The school offers shuttle buses which does not make it any easier because thousands of students have to take that 1 dinky school bus. on top of that, the bus drivers do not know time. they are not punctual at all. Dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with being late sometimes, but when your late, im late for class, and i can understand 5 10 minutes but 45 - 1h and 15, 20 minutes is not doing it at all, especially since its -18, -22 outside. I don't know anymore. Who do Icomplain to? Who can I conversate with who can actually change this situation for the better. You know how many petititions i have signed in the past 2 weeks? Like I don't even feel like going to school, because the hassel is outrageous.

On top of that because of the York University strike, Carleton Tutorial Assistance just recently hada vote which was 52 - 48% of going on strike? =0 I mean the vote did not go through and there is no strike, but mark my ward, if York TA's get what the want, every university in Ontario is going to do the same thing, for more money fore more benefits. This is probably not going to be my last post about this, because if this continues, Yes mom, I'm going to Concordia next year. Absolutely, the province of Quebec is getting my tutition money! And the good thing about that is that I can utilize my french skills and improve on a second language!

But thats not the situation here at hand, I mean i pass the parliament building everyday, its not like they don't see whats going on and how chiatic it is everyday. END THE STUPID STRIKE!!....
I have criminal law class at 6:05 so I actually have to run there or I'll be late so I rushed this a bit, sorry, BUT...

End the stirke....

OR ELSE!!!!!!

jaybritt
cheers

No comments: